Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Ski Trip of 2009













Cost of New Retainer = $340
Cost of Speeding Ticket = $150
Memories (& laughs) with Family = PRICELESS

It was quick. It was fun. It was NOT uneventful. In keeping with tradition we did not avoid disaster. All I have to say is keep a very close eye on your child's retainer when they wrap it in a napkin. Visualize Tom & I weeding through hotel garbage bags looking for a pink & green retainer. Oh the JOYS of parenting! After rummaging through bags of garbage, with the wonderful staff at the hotel of course, we didn't find it. So we have to suck up the cost of a new retainer for the child. Add that to the cost of a speeding ticket I got for doing 70mph in a 50mph. Guilty as charged. Tom was glad I was driving and not him! A friend suggested I should've told the cop "You think that was fast? You should see me run!"

All in all we did have a great time. The kids love skiing. They are so good at it and can't wait to ski again.
On the running front. I did manage to get my long run of 17+ miles in on Monday after we got back. Kinda brutal after skiing all weekend but you know I got it done! Cutback week that I'm calling "catch up" week since I need to get back on track.





No comments:

Post a Comment