Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where I'm at

A month ago I got a dreaded ear infection. Went to the doctor, took my meds and it cleared up for a few weeks anyway. Since then I've had ringing in my right ear. Sometimes it keeps me awake at night. With all the wonderful internet medical information sites I researched ringing in the ears and found that it goes away in time. So I chose to live with it for the time being.

Sunday I ran 21 miles in the pouring, freezing rain. When I came home my limbs were frozen in place. I showered, put my pajamas on and decided to just spend the rest of the day home waiting for pneumonia to set in but oh so proud for finishing 21 miles in those conditions. Well worth it! Not really. Monday morning I started getting ear pain again. I really don't want to go to the doctor so I make excuses. By Wednesday morning I'm in enough pain to make the phone call to the doctor. The next available appointment is in 1 1/2 hours. I have to run 14 miles that morning. So what do I do? I run 7 miles to the doctor's office see the doctor and promptly run 7 miles home. Now that's what I call multi-tasking! So I looked a little crazy in the waiting room. I tried to keep my distance so no one would have to suffer from my body odor! Of course my doctor has nasal samples for me to take with me on my journey. It must've looked like I was carrying my lunch!

So where I'm at is a state of lunacy as you can see and midway through this training cycle. Right smack in the heart of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment