Saturday, March 14, 2009

Meaning of Life?

I know, I know! It's been a while! I have no good excuse. Training is going well. I'm struggling with other things right now. Mainly life. The value, meaning and importance of life. Not to be a downer but in the past month there have been many deaths. One person passed that I never met and that affected me the most. Little Cody Johnson passed away at the tender age of six. I didn't know him. Never met him. I learned about him through Runners World forums. An unusually tight knit internet family. His Dad, Mickey a runner, has been posting about him for years. His blog was one I checked regulary hoping that one day there would be a "remission" post. It never happened. What did happen was I among hundreds of other fortunate people got to know Cody through his father's eyes. I learned the daily struggles the whole family faced over the past two years. On a daily basis I laughed, cried and prayed for this family. I know nothing of the pain this family is going through. The anger going through their veins. The siblings struggling with the loss. The only positive is that Cody is no longer in pain. Pain no child should ever know. Not to make any other deaths seem minute compared to his death but he didn't get to live his life. He didn't get to go to his prom, go to college, have a family and enjoy his grandchildren. God has a reason. I don't know what the hell it is but it better be good!

Rest In Peace Little Man. ~http://deckapes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment